Saturday 14 March 2015

The Beginning

I am a newbie Lushie and the first time I ever stepped foot in a Lush store was around two months ago. Ever since then I have been hooked. I'm not crazy obsessed as a lot of people are, but I would call myself a fan. This is the story up to this day about how my Lush loving started.

The reason I ever went into Lush in the first place was because their shop in my local town had just moved to a bigger shop, it was swarming with teenage girls and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I walked in and was immediately greeted by a concoction of scents and chirpy shop assistants. I was overwhelmed, I'm not the most social person so I politely declined the help of the shop assistants and walked around the shop in awe. I'd never seen so many brightly coloured bath products in my life, it was beautiful but I had no idea what any of the things were - I mean how could I know what a shower smoothie was - so I left empty handed.

Space Girl
My second visit at least resulted in a purchase. A single bath ballistic - Space Girl. I carried it all the way home, smelling it periodically, it smelt amazing. I used it that night and was in wonder at the beautiful colour my bath water was turned. This single bath ballistic was the start of the minor obsession I have now. 
My next visit to Lush - just a few days after my second visit - on February 2nd was memorable. I was granted one of my only days off school this school year. (The day off wasn't to visit a Lush store btw, but to watch the filming of the Sherlock Christmas special). The shop was practically empty - it being 1pm on a Monday - aside from a couple of tourists. Me and my friend entered the store, I knew what I had come for, a popcorn lip scrub that I tried on my previous visit, we walked round the store to the lips scrubs only to be pounced on by one of the workers. She was so nice as all of the Lush staff are and was trying to sway me towards buying the 'Limited Edition Valentines Special The Kiss Lip Scrub' but I stood my ground - I didn't have enough money on me to buy them both, although I did buy the Ickle Baby Bot as well. 

I placed my first order only seven days later on February 9th. I did a little research before placing the order but went out on a whim with most of the products. My order consisted of:
  • 1 x Mother Superior Bubble Bar
  • 1 x The Comforter Bubble Bar
  • 1 x Bubblegrub Bubbleroon
  • 1 x Tiny Hands Solid Hand Cream
  • 1 x 100g Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
I also requested a few samples, those being:
  • Ocean Salt
  • Pink Fun
  • Rock Star Soap
It was a month later when I next stepped foot in Lush, it was primarily to buy items from the Easter range, the shop was heaving, obviously everyone had the same idea I had. I came out with 5 items, costing me a small fortune: 100g Pot of Gold, Hoppity Poppity, Blackberry Bath Bomb, Honey Bee, and 10g New Charity Pot. I have since already used most of these products and will be posing reviews for them soon.

~LW

No comments:

Post a Comment